I have been in the market for a video monitor since finding out I was pregnant with #3. For my first and second child I used a good old-fashioned sound monitor that served me just fine, but I was ready to see what the hype was with video monitors. I have researched many models from the fanciest to the plainest, and was so excited to find the Comfort Cam. This great monitor does not get nearly enough hype! It is so amazing and I’m excited to use it all the time when baby is born. It will be especially helpful when checking on baby during the dreaded sleep training process! Here are the things that I love (and don’t love) about the Comfort Cam:
What I love about the Comfort Cam:
- It is used with your phone or tablet so you don’t have to carry around another device and the set-up is super easy.
- It can be used with any Android or Apple device, which was important for us because my husband and I use different operating systems.
- It has a 350⁰ view that can be moved around right from your phone/tablet.
- It can take videos and photos that are saved right to your phone/tablet
- It never uses a cloud so your child’s safety and security is never compromised.
- If you ever have questions or concerns, you can chat with an agent on the Comfort Cam website. I love chat options on websites. It’s usually so much quicker than calling.
- It has amazingly clear night vision so you’re not wondering if you’re looking at your child or your dog. I am not kidding; you will be so impressed with this night vision!
- It can be viewed on up to 4 devices at once.
- Connects right to your wifi and can be used wherever your wifi reaches with the capability to be used anywhere in the world.
- It has two-way sound so you can talk to and sooth your baby when needed.
- All of this amazingness and more for one of the less expensive price point! It can be purchased through the Comort Cam website or Amazon for only $149.99 (both offer free shipping).
What I don’t love about the Comfort Cam:
- You need to make sure you have the storage room on your phone for the app and potential photos and videos.
- If you would like to view the camera outside of your home network (anywhere in the world!) you have to subscribe and pay $9.99/month although you do get the first month of service free. I personally don’t think the service is necessary, but it is a fun option.
- It does not monitor room temperature. (Please note: Many of the temperature detecting video monitors are inaccurate due to picking up the monitor heat.)
If you are in the market for a video monitor, this is definitely the one for you and at a great price point! For more information check out their website and see the Comfort Cam compared with some other popular monitors here.
*I received a Comfort Cam for review, but all opinions are my own.