I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love the Christmas season! It is definitely my favorite time of the year and I love making the most of it. During this time, we all have lots of parties, children’s performances and family outings. I have found that one thing makes a huge difference when navigating all of these celebrations. And at the end of this post you will find a few bonus holiday party tips.
FIND SOMETHING COMFORTABLE TO WEAR! You need to look nice, but also think practically. It will make a huge difference in enjoying the party or tugging all night at your uncomfortable outfit choice. That is why I am SO glad to have found the perfect balance between elegance and comfort. Pashmina Collection (found here) makes one of a kind maxi dresses that are tasteful and perfect for any holiday party. Every dress cut, pattern and color are gorgeous and well-thought out. These dresses are flattering and the fall/winter line really has the perfect go-to maxi dresses for any winter outing. I have worn mine over and over, getting compliments each time.
One of my favorite things about Pashmina Collection is that the dresses are made right here in the U.S.A.! But my very favorite thing about these dresses is the perfect fabric. When I purchase a Pashmina Collection dress, I know it is not a cheap jersey maxi that won’t even last through one wash. These dresses really are ease, beauty and classic modesty all in-one! Check out their beautiful collection (many on sale now) here!
BONUS HOLIDAY PARTY TIPS
- Feed your children before you go to the party. If your kiddos are anything like mine, they are too busy playing to eat once they get to the party and then they are starving (and exhausted) when they get home. When I feed my kids before the party, I know they are eating and then I can enjoy my meal and the company instead of fighting my kiddos to sit down and eat. Plus I save myself the embarrassment of them spitting out Great Aunt Effie’s fruit cake.
- Bring a well-packed diaper bag. Make sure you have plenty of diapers, extra clothes, extra kid undies, formula and all your essentials. It is no fun to have to cut the night short because you forgot something.
- Try not to stay long past the kiddos bed time. It may seem fun in the moment, but you will be kicking yourself the next day when you have whinny, tired children. If you need to, let the hostess know what time you will be leaving in order to get the kids home on time.
- Don’t stress. I know this is a hard one. We all have different factors affecting our stress levels. Finances, death, job stability, divorce, infertility, family feuds and more. Say “no” sometimes. You don’t have to go to everything. Keep yourself and your family happy, healthy and safe!
- Have fun! Enjoy this wonderful, exciting season with your family. I would love to hear your tips for surviving the holiday parties.
Check out the gorgeous pattern of this Pashmina Collection Dress (on sale!). I’m obsessed…not to mention it is as comfy as wearing my pjs!